Foundation Open Society – Macedonia is committed to building dynamic and tolerant societies whose authorities are accountable and open to the participation of all citizens. Our mission is the internal integration of society as a precondition for North Macedonia’s integration into the European Union.
We are focused on strengthening the rule of law, protecting human rights, and building an open society where citizens and CSOs are aware of and actively control and correct the work of the government. We help create public policies that ensure greater fairness and protect basic human rights. Our highest priority is to protect and improve the lives of citizens, especially those belonging to marginalized groups.
- We believe in basic human rights, in dignity for all, and in the rule of law.
- We stand for the inclusion of all citizens in decision-making processes and for the accountability of the authorities.
- We are committed to creating a society in which everyone is free to participate equally in the civil, economic and cultural life.
- We believe in bold and innovative solutions to controversial issues and solutions that promote systemic change.
- We stand for critical debate and believe in the respect of different opinions.
- We believe in a swift and flexible response to the critical threats to open society.
- We are committed to creating a society that tackles inequality on a variety of grounds.
- We actively support citizens in their efforts to make changes for the better.