The Foundation Open Society -Macedonia, in a period of 12 months, starting from March 2020, will implement the project “Strengthened Integrity Systems for Combating Corruption at the Local Level”. The project aims to contribute to the promotion of good governance at the local level through:
- Strengthening the resistance of the local government to corruption by introducing integrity systems in five municipalities;
- Increasing civic involvement in the fight against corruption, especially the vulnerable categories of citizens, by increasing the scope of reported cases, while providing legal assistance and information.
More specifically, the activities that will be implemented in five municipalities include:
- Implement risk assessments;
- Adoption of integrity systems in municipalities;
- Capacity building of the local government and administration for the preparation and implementation of integrity systems;
- Establishment of working groups for integrity;
- Adoption of internal mechanisms for reporting cases of corruption;
- Conducting a public opinion poll on the prevalence of corruption in the municipality in which they live;
- Conducting an educational campaign for recognizing and reporting corruption;
- Providing legal aid to citizens who have recognized corruption in order to report it to the competent institutions.
The activities are part of the “Citizen Participation Project” implemented by East West Management Institute (EWMI), funded by the United States Agency for International Development (USAID).
—————————————————8 April 2020